Friday, July 27, 2012

Interview with the Girls

I read on Pinterest that you should interview your children every once in awhile to generate discussion. So I did. Following are my interview questions to Jenna and Sarah and their responses (I could ask Matthew but that would not be very productive). Although he has added a new word to his massive vocabulary. Now he can say: uh oh, hee haw, on, and eoweow for cat. WOW!

1. What is your biggest dream?
Jenna: To go back in time and see what it was like to live as Rose (Laura Ingalls Wilder's daughter from Little House on the Prarie).
Sarah: To have a pet unicorn

2. What is your best memory this school year?
Jenna: On the first day of art class we all had to draw a picture. The teacher said she really liked my picture.
Sarah: Making a picture with splatter paint. Then everyone's picture is the best!  (Sarah actually said this)

3. What are you most proud of yourself for?
Jenna: Reading
Sarah: Writing

4. What 3 words best describe you?
Jenna: Jenna, brown, ilovesarah (she requested this be one word)
Sarah: Sarah, red, ilovejenna

5. If you could keep one thing what would it be?
Jenna: Daddy, Mommy, Sarah, Matthew, Scruffles, Butterscotch
Sarah: Daddy, Mommy, Jenna, Scruffles, Butterscotch, Panda (notice the missing person)

The girls really liked the interview so I'm going to have to come up with some more questions for them.

Our garden is doing really well and I've had to come up with several zucchini recipes. We have been eating a lot of zucchini cakes lately too. They are yummy :). As we were looking at our pumpkin plant, we noticed a good sized "pumpkin" growing. Ummm... I think this might be a watermelon plant, or this pumpkin has some issues. So maybe we will pick this "pumpkin" and make pumpkin pie!  It may or may not be red with black seeds!

Our "pumpkin"

Sarah jumping off the fourth step
Our triathlon is coming soon and I'm excited! I hope all my injuries will completely heal before then. Erik asked me what my goal was for this triathlon and I said finishing in less than 2 hours and 15 minutes. Since the bike course on this race is 7 miles longer than the last one I think this is a good goal. I asked Erik what his goal was and he said to beat me. Okay.....BRING IT ON!

74 points on Quiddler today

2 comments:

DVK said...

Looks like a pumpkin to me...

Gina Cooper said...

What kind of pumpkins are you eating?